Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, Penta, Barron’s Next, MarketWatch, Moneyish Financial News, Mansion Global, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones DNA, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Customer Engine team is responsible for increasing Total Customer Value for Dow Jones through the delivery of engaging customer interactions across all products and channels. It is powered by high quality data, trusted insights, precise targeting and exceptional delivery.
Customer Intelligence Manager, WSJ
As part of the WSJ business unit within the wider Customer Intelligence team, the Customer Intelligence Manager helps define and deliver the key customer insights WSJ need to drive and increase Total Customer Value.
Based in: New York, US
- Continuously represent the voice of the customer, ensuring that customer needs are at the heart of every major business decision.
- Drive a culture of customer-led thinking across the business by delivering insight and analysis through debriefs, roadshows and webinars.
- Work with teams across the business to identify insight requirements, and support in the development of project roadmaps which are aligned to business objectives.
- Independently design and oversee delivery of both in-house and agency-managed research projects, end-to-end.
- Work closely with Data Ops, Analytics and Reporting teams to deliver multi-dimensional insights grounded in data.
- Manage and continually upskill the Customer Intelligence Associate.
- Represent the team both internally and externally through knowledge-sharing sessions, industry events and conferences.
Required Experience and Attributes
- Strong background in delivering both qual and quant research projects.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- End-to-end project management - from preparing briefs, defining sample requirements, designing research, executing fieldwork, through to analysis and reporting.
- Consistent track record for delivering projects within time and budget constraints.
- Capable of managing and delivering multiple projects concurrently, across different business units or categories.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to changing business priorities and requirements.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with experience presenting to senior audiences
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in the media sector.