This new position will be responsible for Barron’s audience development across all social media and third-party platforms, with a focus on growing our overall audience as well as increasing engagement by our subscribers. He/she will be embedded within our newsroom but will work closely with a business-side audience development team. This editor will help craft Barron’s overall social media strategy, along with being the main day-to-day manager of our social media accounts.
* Maintain social accounts daily, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and grow social audience and engagement.
* Analyze analytics (Omniture, Parse.ly, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advise on editorial strategies.
* Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content, including live video.
* Optimize editorial content for each social platform.
* Advise on headlines to maximize engagement and SEO.
* Engage Barron’s audience, especially subscribers, through commenting/discussions, chats, polls/quizzes, and other interactive elements.
* Manage Barron’s presence on third-party platforms, such as Apple News.
* Work closely with editors and product team to increase user engagement both on-site and off-platform, through personalized/related content recommendations, continual testing.
* Identify and execute on potential new sources of traffic specific to Barron’s target audience (individual and professional investors).
Skills/background we're looking for:
* Thorough knowledge of financial markets and investing.
* Social-specific writing abilities; ability to translate in-depth stories into accurate, shareable social posts and headlines.
* Deep knowledge of analytics platforms such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Facebook Analytics, etc.
* Ability to synthesize and act on audience usage and engagement data.
* Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, as are visual media editing skills.