The Executive Director, Demand Generation is responsible for the strategic vision and tactical execution of a fully-integrated demand generation program across Dow Jones. This role will lead the demand generation team and provide innovative ideas to drive awareness, lead generation and funnel optimization, ensuring there is a strong pipeline of leads across our offerings.
The individual is responsible for working with both our sales leaders, industry marketing, product and solutions marketing and strategy teams. By aligning with key stakeholders, and implementing best-in-class sales demand generation practices, this function will show direct impact on our sales employees and enable revenue growth.
This position will oversee a Demand Generation team and will report to the SVP, Sales Marketing, and will be based in the US with flexibility on specific location.
- Manage metrics-driven demand generation strategy which shapes systems and processes including identifying/introducing new tools
- Lead or support other marketing communications and marketing activities that align with the strategy
- Continually refine demand generation best practices as our organization evolves over time
- Manage process to fill the sales pipeline with qualified leads and opportunities by developing and executing integrated marketing programs including, but not limited to web, email, SEO/SEM, PPC, retargeting, direct marketing, content syndication, webinars, live events and more
- Collaborate with analytics teams to develop, implement and report on measurement criteria including testing methodologies to improve conversion rates and optimize campaign performance
- Research, negotiate and manage vendors and agencies as necessary
- Own relationship with sales leaders and forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA)
Skills & Experiences:
- 10+ years of relevant experience of leading demand generation activities including measurable success with demand generation across internal and third-party channels
- Experience supporting Sales and Marketing clients
- Demonstrated success in building a demand generation strategy
- Able to lead a team of up to 4 demand generation practitioners
- Detailed knowledge of demand generation methodologies, vendor partnerships and tools including CRM and high-velocity marketing technologies (marketing automation, social media management, website and product analytics tools, etc.)
- Analytical, data-oriented, detail-driven with strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience
- Strong project management skills: follow-through on goals, plans, and projects