Dow Jones Media Group is seeking an experienced leader in User Experience and Design to work across its dynamic portfolio of consumer facing brands in financial advice, news, luxury real estate and lifestyle.
This role will suit an experienced UX / Product Designer or Manager looking to take the next step in their careers. You will provide thought leadership and champion data-informed design principles and practices across the Dow Jones Media Group (DJMG) portfolio of Barron’s, Barron’s Next, Barron’s Penta, Mansion Global and Moneyish, working in partnership with our teams at MarketWatch, FN London and Private Equity News.
Working across our websites and mobile products, you will collaborate with editorial, product, and technology teams to design, evaluate and improve digital experiences for users, driven by your expert ability to balance art and science. Reporting to the Chief Product & Technology Officer DJMG, you will work to ensure the effective management and delivery of world-class experiences which put customers at the heart of every decision.
- Contribute to the successful development of DJMG’s web and mobile product portfolio through best-practices in UX and design
- Create high quality designs, prototypes, IA strategies and user journeys
- Develop UX and Design visions, briefs, strategies and principles in a manner understood by the business
- Work with Product teams across multiple DJMG brands to define, interrogate and prioritize roadmap items
- Support or challenge business, product and tech decisions with sound and clearly communicated rationale
- Conduct competitor reviews and awareness of industry trends and best practices
- Provide recommendations for usability and accessibility improvements
- Collect and analyze user behavior through primary and secondary research
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate testing sessions for existing and new products and features focusing on usability and accessibility
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Communication Design, BFA, or related experience preferred
- 4-8 years designing user experiences and interaction design for content-focused digital products, ideally in a media environment
- Expert-level knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Sketch, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle and prototyping software InVision)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of industry standard UX testing tools (heat maps, mouse activity, A/B testing etc)
- Solid grasp of latest Web and App user experience design principles (including Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design)