Associate Director of Engagement and WSJ+
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
Director of Engagement
About This Role
The Associate Director of Engagement overseeing WSJ+ is a global role leading WSJ+ in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. The WSJ+ team is a lean and vital part of the Journal’s efforts to engage and retain new and tenured members by bringing membership to life with meaningful experiences, events and offers. This is a high-profile role with exposure to senior leadership at Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal. See: wsjplus.com
What are my accountabilities
- Be the product owner for WSJ + globally leading all elements of the global program.
- Source and secure amazing partnerships and promotions that add value to the WSJ+ proposition and overall bundle and deliver a high quality WSJ+ program for members across the world.
- Manage the team to deliver WSJ+ by setting the strategic direction and driving implementation of the program to support engagement and proactive retention.
- Develop relationships with newsroom and editorial stakeholders to deliver events that bring WSJ to life.
- Work closely with commercial team to support delivery of commercial revenues / sponsorships associated with WSJ+ program activities.
- Critically control costs to deliver the program globally ensuring value for money; be accountable for all elements WSJ+ program budget.
- Oversee content calendar and production of multiple projects to ensure flawless execution.
- Work closely with the insights team to measure awareness and uptake of WSJ+ and work with the engagement team to optimize for program awareness and engagement.
- Work closely with the engagement team to ensure timely delivery of creative and campaign execution.
- Manage future planning and strategy alongside the Director of Engagement
- Ensure that WSJ+ is integrated into WSJ product and customer comms
- Own ongoing strategic and tactical relationships with external agencies, third party partners and sponsors.
- Build the capability and capacity of individuals and team through constructive feedback, and challenge to enable team effectiveness and to drive business performance.
What do you need from me?
- Multiple years experience in business development or delivery of effective strategic partnerships - sourcing, negotiation, and ongoing relationship management.
- A strong commercial acumen to deliver value for money and ensure a clear return on investment and revenues where appropriate.
- Understanding of the dynamics that are shaping the landscape of culture, business, art, literature, music, film, travel, food, luxury goods and experiences and more.
- Flexible working style with the ability to quickly adapt and effect change efficiently and quickly.
- Experience managing campaigns that use a variety of marketing activities and communication methods.
- Passion and understanding of media industries and particularly The Wall Street Journal
- Ability to put together layered marketing activities including the full marketing mix of promotion, PR, social, advertising, content, pricing, CRM and others.
- Deep knowledge and experience of retention and loyalty programs.
- Strong analytical capability and a solid understanding of success metrics and experience using data to drive strategy.