Product Manager, Customer Value
Where am I based?
What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by
creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
What are my accountabilities?
- Work with the VP Customer Value and Engagement and Transformation Director to set the strategic direction of customer value strategy across Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Media Group and the Professional Information Business.
- Work with the team to define a plan to execute this strategy and be accountable for this delivery plan’s successful completion.
- Drive stakeholders across the consumer business to adopt TCV principles to increase total revenue and average contribution per user across member subscription and advertising revenues.
- Work with advertising to define new propositions, formats and custom audiences grounded in our customer data in support of our Customer Data Propositions team.
- Guide acquisition, engagement and retention teams to build a base of the highest value customers.
- Work with DJMG product and marketing teams to maximize value and customer engagement across the wealth network.
- Work with PIB accounts to maximise account value.
- Identify areas to maximise value (upsell / cross sell / new proposition development) grounded in our customer data across Dow Jones.
- Work with Technology and Data teams to increase data held about members and subscribers to improve our ability to serve custom audiences and inform engagement and retention.
- Support delivery assurance across all TCV project delivery.
What do you need from me?
- Proven Product Management experience, able to set business strategies, plan project delivery and work across teams to ensure its success.
- Highly skilled at influencing stakeholders to buy into a vision and drive an outcome.
- A broad range of marketing and analytical skills and experience delivering customer-focused initiatives.
- An ability to translate customer data and insight into value-driving business plan.
- Organized with meticulous execution abilities to turn around projects at short notice.
- Commercially and organisationally astute. A proven ability to influence editorial and senior execs, securing buy-in to integrated product and project plans.
How do I apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please apply here or via your manager.