- Develop best practices for SEO, social media and analytics from an editorial perspective and communicating these to senior editors on a regular basis.
- Develop and monitor meaningful data and analytics tools to guide editors and reporters on decisions about content strategy, story placement, headline writing and more.
- Run social media accounts for all titles, in collaboration with editors and reporters across the group. - monitor effectiveness of social media as a driver of traffic and engagement.
- Monitor developments in social media on an ongoing basis to ensure DJMG stays ahead of significant trends.
- Monitor content from an audience performance perspective and providing regular feedback to editors on strengths and weaknesses- produce competitor analysis to improve our understanding of best practices and reader behavior.
- Monitor potential media partnerships around content.
- Act as a central point of excellence on newsletters, podcasts, social video, alerts, tweets and Facebook messages and other points of editorial contact with readers and users.
- Broadly help guide strategy around content by providing supporting analysis from internal and external sources.