What do we do?
Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivalled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
What are my accountabilities?
- Developing creative assets for retention campaigns, working alongside the brand and design teams.
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure that campaign deadlines are met, while also monitoring overall performance.
- Analyzing campaign results and providing post-campaign reports.
- Staying informed on industry trends, competitive landscapes and new technologies impacting digital marketing. Identifying trends and opportunities, as well as translating analysis into actionable plans.
- Developing and driving a strong collaborative relationship with Marketing teams to understand Dow Jones’ propositions for loyalty and brand extensions that are best used to drive revenue.
- Manage relationships with WSJ+ team to maximize churn prevention.
- Optimizing and monitoring media channels, including owned properties such as WSJ.com and internal email campaigns.
- Manage churn management plans for subscription customers. Allocate budget and effort across these categories based on strategic priorities and value to WSJ.
- Strive to understand our customers and put them at the heart of what we do.
- Continually provide fresh ideas around improvements based on prevention/retention/saves trends.
What we’re looking for
- Passion for DJ’s strategy and vision.
- A proven track record in developing customer churn prevention strategies.
- Tenacity - proven ability to find solutions when data is hard to come by, through strategic hypothesis.
- Focus - a goals driven approach and ability to work at pace.
- Innovation - a willingness and proven ability to deliver churn prevention strategies that challenge perceived wisdoms.
- Commercial acumen - proven track record of developing customer facing strategies which drive loyalty and revenue.
- A performance and data driven marketing approach and ability to translate this into customer strategy and comms.
- Ability to communicate technical or data led information to the biz in an engaging and informative manner.
- The ability to work in a matrix structure, motivating the wider team.
- Thorough understanding of tools and techniques used in integrated marketing.
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments and revenue models.
- Energetic, collaborative and driven.