A Principal Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of Dow Jones internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments as well as internal corporate environments. They will provide expert technical assistance for high-level and detailed networking request. This role will be responsible designing, implementing and supporting complex infrastructure in support of our business customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be for a Principal Network Engineer for the design, implementation, and sustainment of large networked systems for the Dow Jones. This includes assessing the present (As-Is) state, gathering and analyzing technical requirements, developing technical solutions, and leading the implementation of the solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years of experience with the network engineering and integration of large data center and campus networks and enterprise level WAN, LAN and WLAN solutions
- Experience with network products from vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, and Citrix, Juniper, Riverbed
- Experience with managing and supporting Cloud Computing (AWS/Google/Azure) required
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (application, network, system, hardware)
- In-depth understanding of communications protocols (TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc)
- Follows all Dow Jones network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Dow Jones standard security policies
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (splunk, Statseeker, Palo Alto Panorama, Cisco Prime, AppResponse Expert, Wireshark, etc)
- Make sound network recommendations to best facilitate ongoing company technology projects; shape solutions through early and active involvement in project and product lifecycles
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple WAN/LAN/WLAN environments
- Knowledge of engineering lifecycle, system integration and configuration control / change management
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (Python, Perl, etc)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and be able to manage multiple tasks, projects and initiatives with different priorities at the same time
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Excellent technical and business communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and MS Visio
Education, Experience and Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Information Technology field is desired, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Network certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE (Plus)
- Security certifications such as Security+, CEH, and/or CISSP (Plus)