Digital Marketing Manager: The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s
Dow Jones is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to focus on growing our subscriber base across three tiers of our subscription business – WSJ Education, WSJ Professional, and Barron’s.
WSJ Education is a key pillar of our growth strategy. You will actively participate in the strategic planning, execution and optimization of campaigns to hit the year’s acquisition target. Selling directly to students via digital channels will be your core responsibility.
WSJ Professional is an evolving proposition selling subscriptions to industry practitioners. Again you will have responsibility for hitting the year’s acquisition target and be responsible implementing the digital sales tactics to achieve this.
On Barron’s – America’s premier investing publication – you will assist in the strategic planning of digital campaigns, aimed at driving subscriptions for the brand.
Daily responsibilities will vary. They include, but are not limited to:
- Implement digital acquisition campaigns to drive subscriptions for WSJ Education, WSJ Professional, and Barron’s.
- Developing creative assets for campaigns, working alongside the brand and design teams.
- Optimizing and monitoring media channels, including owned properties such as Barrons.com and internal email campaigns, as well as paid media properties such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Working closely with internal media teams to ensure that campaign deadlines are met, while also monitoring overall channel performance.
- Analyzing campaign results and providing post-campaign reports.
- Staying informed on industry trends, competitive landscapes and new technologies impacting digital marketing. Identifying trends and opportunities, as well as translating analysis into actionable plans.
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience.
- ROI-driven digital-centric capabilities with the ability to anticipate media consumption trends and emerging opportunities
- Knowledge and understanding of building compelling sales strategies.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely recommendations to management.
- Impeccable time management and ability to work effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle projects independently, supervise them to be completed and able to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and new ideas.
- Strong initiation and self-motivated. Able to work well in a team, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude.