Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Professional Information Business (PIB) at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B products in order to be the power behind global businesses. We are a truly global business with a significant proportion of our customer base coming from outside the US. We provide information; data and analytics to help support and drive our customers key business decisions, and protect their organizations from risk. The PIB business is broken into four customer focused verticals to solve for user solutions: Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, DNA and Risk & Compliance.
These business units are continually looking to develop innovative new products that will further serve our customer needs.
The Partner Market Specialist Director has an expert knowledge of our Partners and competitors and is responsible for ensuring that we fully understand our Partners’ changing needs and develop our products and services in line with them.
It requires strong analytical skills to ensure that existing products are fully understood and represented professionally and any improvements or new developments are driven by demand and will deliver a positive ROI.
This is a hands-on position that requires strategic vision and strong collaboration & analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial acumen and a track record of delivery with an enthusiasm and passion for all things digital.
- Demonstrate excellent market intelligence and has expert knowledge of the competitive landscape, ensuring the business is clear on its complexity and where it presents both risks and opportunities.
- Act as an evangelist and subject matter expert for the Partners team – providing hands-on support to the Business Development Directors.
- Gather feedback from our Partners or via commissioned surveys on how our product portfolio adds value - working with the Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, DNA Product Strategy team to create a plan to address any gaps.
- Manages the Partners Microsite for internal stakeholders and ensure all communication produced for the Partners team is correct and engaging.
- Ensure our Partners and key internal and external stakeholders, including Industry Forums, are kept up-to-date on our activities and are excited by developments.
- Work with the Marketing and Product teams to ensure their plans include how we engage Partners (where appropriate) and are in line with the strategy.
- Analyze existing engagement data and royalties collected to ensure that Partners revenue is in line with their contract and if reduced remedial action is taken.
- Track the type of sales made and cancellations received to ensure that our product portfolio is in line with the changing needs of our partners.
- Work with the Policy and Pricing team to ensure that Partner pricing is in line with market conditions and Dow Jones Policy.
- Manage the Partner Tiering policy - ensuring it is correctly applied to new and existing partners and this is continuously reviewed.
- Track new initiatives across the business for their relevancy to the Partners team and their value to the Tiering process.
- Collect, review and produce pipeline of partner revenue, ensuring Salesforce can correctly capture all Direct and Channel Partnerships.
- Ensure that all contractual terms are being adhered to, highlighting any action needed and own through to the resolution.
- Work with Finance and the reporting teams to ensure that measures are produced in line with department goals, SLAs and KPIs and can be easily shared.
- Ensure customer satisfaction goals are met by measuring usage and engagement against KPIs and drive remedial action where appropriate.
- Provide hands-on support to the General Manager for aspects of the budget cycle. Ensuring there is a business case for any new partner opportunities.
- Ability to articulate a vision and gain the buy-in of key stakeholders.
- Excellent presenting and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Proven commercial acumen and the ability to develop business cases and plans.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and decision making skills
- Ability to influence at all levels, with a strong focus on collaboration
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects