The Dow Jones Media Group Luxury Team is seeking an experienced reporter to join its fast-paced newsroom.
This candidate must have a successful track record of working a beat, developing a broad base of sources, and writing on deadline. This person must be able to spot breaking news stories as well as identify deep-dive features to write for the website and in print.
The ideal candidate should bring a breadth of knowledge on wealth management and the luxury lifestyles of high-net-worth individuals. She/he also should have a good grasp of the global economic landscape.
· Write multiple original articles on a daily basis that are thoroughly reported, highly insightful written takeouts and enterprise pieces
· Work collaboratively with other members of the editorial staff to come up with original story ideas and to publish content
· Contribute to the work on data projects, interactive charts and other multimedia features as needed
· At least 5 years reporting experience in a digital newsroom
· Excellent editorial judgment and solid writing skills
· Comfort with reporting on data; working knowledge of Excel
· Ability to work under daily deadlines
· Ability to program and optimize content (SEO)
· Basic visuals editing/processing skills (web-based graphics tools, CMS, Photoshop)
· International reporting experience a plus, as well as a second language