The Production Assistant performs a vital role in timely & efficient newspaper production & distribution of company publications.
- Setting up, operating and light maintenance of state of the art programmable equipment in the pre-press & packaging areas; and
- Preparation of product delivery documentation and facilitating the orderly movement of bundled newspapers to delivery trucks
- Assisting with the press make-ready & clean up and reel room newsprint preparation
- This position requires standing, lifting, bending and modest physical exertion throughout the shift within a safety conscious culture.
- A proactive team effort contributing to the department's overall mission is required as is support of company policies, programs and objectives to include, but not limited to, affirmative action, safety, environmental issues and facility work rules.
- On time attendance is essential to our day to day planning and the success of our operation.
- HS graduate, mechanical aptitude and
- Solid computer skills (preferably Gmail, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- DAYS PER WEEK : 5 (30-35 hours per week)
- HOURS/SHIFT: 3:30pm – 9:30pm (Start time varies)
- DAYS OFF: Varies. Must be willing to work holidays